Re: "isolinux: disk error 04" while trying to install

On 1/29/07, Ric Moore <wayward4now@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Namaskar Rakhesh! I would betcha that since it's a Compac it just might
have the ole virus protection turned on in the bios or something very
similar to that. Has the drive access got a password?  If so, remove it.
Anything set up to thwart hackers needs to be off as YOU are now hacking
the machine by trying to install Linux ... which is a very popular virus
nowadays, according to M$. BTW, my Yoga name is Rakesh, without the "H",
is that correctly spelled? Ric (Rakesh) Now everyone knows! :)

Namaskar Ric (Rakesh)!

Well, Rakesh is the correct spelling to the name actually. My parents
-- for reasons unknown to them too (heh!) -- decided to put an extra
"h" in my name. To give it a bit more emphasis while pronouncing. Not
that any one ever does (and my name would sound weird if pronounced
with more emphasis), and so my name is actually pronounced Rakesh but
spelt Rakhesh.

Rakesh means sun in Hindi. You probably know that, I just thought I'd
mention. Similar to Ra in Egyptian. Rakesh is probably a hangover from
some Egyptian-Indian connection. :)

I'll check (once I get back home) whether virus protection is turned
on and whether that's what's causing any problems. I don't have any
passwords for drive access -- am sure of that -- so that can't be a
problem.

Am wondering though: even if it were virus protection or something how
come other Linuces like MEPIS or PCLinuxOS or openSUSE install fine?
Do they all not use isolinux for the first boot?

Regards,
Rakhesh