Re: Network card crashes system on boot if connected?

On Mon January 29 2007, Scott Evans wrote:
> I have been able to narrow it down to the point where the startup is
> running
>
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-eth ifcfg-eth0

One thing you might try is to bind the NIC card to the MAC address. You can do
that in the network administration GUI. If you click on the card and
select 'edit' from the menus, and go to the last tab, you can bind it there.
For some reason over the years, I've found that value to be incorrect till I
corrected it by clicking on that button and this would have the exact effect
you describe. It's a long shot, but quick to try.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA