Re: Preparing a USB key for installation

Here are some screen shots that I've taken during the USB install. Note that when installing a Fedora-based distro one has to change the disk order as anaconda want's to install grub on /dev/sda, the USB key.

Specifying the target for installation
http://www.jayeola.org/dump/SS-alpha/screenshot-0005.png

using disk druid
http://www.jayeola.org/dump/SS-alpha/screenshot-0007.png

Installer wants to put grub on /dev/sda, the USB key
http://www.jayeola.org/dump/SS-alpha/screenshot-0016.png

Changing the disk order.
http://www.jayeola.org/dump/SS-alpha/screenshot-0018.png

It took me some time to work out what to do here. Funny though as I've used the same method to install CentOS from a USB key and this last step was never required.

Can you chaps recommend any docs to read in order to get familiar with BIOS and anything else required? Want some preparation as to avoid bricking my laptop and USB key.