OT? VDQ Terminal emulators under FC6

On another list, one poster made a marginal enthusiastic remark, saying

> I love the new 256-color + transparency support for xterm, it works great
> in Fedora Core 6 using mrxvt.

Very Dumb Question : is there somewhere I can get a rundown on the
differing virtues of whatever-all terminal emulators are available?

I happen to find that my ancient eyeballs tire much less if I can get soft
enough colors as backgrounds and still sufficient contrast to make the
text plain -- and I color code the tabs on half a dozen tabs per terminal
to help me keep in mind what the one I see at any moment is for.

It would be even better if I could vary the coding schemes discernibly
among the machines behind my KVM switch -- say, for instance, the more
yellowish the whole range, the older the machine -- or some such.

Is there a web site? A place or author that regularly reviews, compares,
and contrasts the state of this subfusc but important art??