Wireless Network issue

I've hit a road block.

I've been trying to get a wireless network card, namely the Netgear WG311v3 to work on a Fedora Core 6 install. I'm running the 2.6.19 kernel and attempting to use ndiswrapper 1.34 to use the Windows drivers. I looked on ndiswrapper's list of working devices and this Netgear is there and I have the suggested drivers. The problem I'm having is that when I attempt to connect to a wireless network using NetworkManager-gnome, it attempts a connection, but then fails. Looking at dmesg after this happens, I see that ndiswrapper is reporting that the scanning failed. What's more interesting is that the device will work out of the blue and will connect to my access point, but I have been unable to pinpoint why it just starts working. Any help would be appreciated since I have been unable to find a solution even with a good amount of time googling around about the error.

Dean Glazeski