Re: Something I had to ask about evolution.

On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 11:03 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> Evolution does something that is logical but annoying. It surprised me
> because mutt did this illogically but with more pleasant results.
>
> I have my mail sorted by date but also threaded. Not let us assume there
> are three threaded mail messages which appear together, but the message
> following the three messages arrived before the second threaded message.
>
> In evolution when I delete the first threaded message the rest of them
> drop down to their correct date position but still together. This is
> annoying and mutt never did this even though this behavior is clearly
> logical.
>
> Does this annoy anyone else and what you do about it?

It annoys me so much that another user replied back with the quotes from
the "Wrath of Khan", which quoted Herman Meville in "Moby Dick".

If you'd like I could send it to you so you'd have a nice script
suitable for printing out so you could scare the family and dogs while
Dad snarls invectives at it and turns the air around you blue. That's
what I do with that Damned Whale. Makes me feel a helluva lot better for
it, too.

It gives me the chance to be quite the artiste, posing and gesturing
while trying out different cadences and tones during the rendition of
it. God, that would make one helluva video for YOUTUBE. I'll wait until
my performance is perfected. With Evolution, I'll get plenty of chances.
Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net