Re: Firefox opens rpms in new window on download

Anne Wilson wrote:
On Saturday 27 January 2007 21:26, rwhart@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Anne Wilson wrote:
On Saturday 27 January 2007 20:18, rwhart@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,
  My problem seems more general.  Upon attempted download with or
without holding down the shift key, firefox opens the file in a new
browser window.  I can't identify anything out of the ordinary in
about:config settings for firefox.  Ideas please.  Is this a problem
with FC6 IA64.  I don't seem to find it listed.
Check Edit > Preferences > Downloads > View & Edit Actions

BIN	BIN file	Save to Disk

Anne
Anne,
  I checked that.  On firefox 1.5.0.9 when I open up Edit >Preferences >
Downloads > View and Edit Actions the list is blank.  The problem is I
cannot figure out how to add an item as you describe to the list.  Where
is the list stored or how do you edit this?

When you download, the download manage should ask you whether you want to open the package or save to disk. I set the preferences to download to ~/Downloads, so when, as I always do, I say 'save to disk' I know it will end up there. That will automatically create that entry for you.

Anne
Okay,
I have tried it both with the 'save to' prompt and once direct to disk. The attached file is a window capture using Gimp of the thunderbird window that opens when I 'click' on the rpm file to begin the download. As you see, it thinks it is a Real Player file so there is an association file that I screwed up somewhere.

Thanks

Bob

JPEG image