Re: gphoto2 download command?

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 16:46:42 -0500, Bob Goodwin wrote:

> Can someone give me the proper command to retrieve images from a camera
> using gphoto2?
>
> I used it casually once before to see that it worked and now that I have
> a few pictures I want it refuses to give me an image.
>
> It will provide .ppm and .raw files apparently but the only ones that do
> anything are the .ppm and all I get is some colored lines?  I've gone
> through man pages and whatever else I can find but I am not sure I'm
> using the correct command to download the images from the camera.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bob Goodwin

What do you see when you issue the command:

gphoto2 -L

If you see the list of files on the camera, you can get a file:

gphoto2 --get-file 1   (to get file #1)
gphoto2 -P             (to get all files)

I am having some problem with the latest version of gphoto2 (both FC5 and
FC6), so I rolled back to an earlier version.

Akemi