Re: help installing FC6

On Sat, 2007-01-27 at 16:55 +0100, François Patte wrote:
> Bonjour,
>
> I try to install FC6.
>
> I made some LVM partitionning from FC4 before (I have several disks and
> want to keep FC4 as long as FC6 is not fully configurated...)
>
> I booted on the fc6-dvd, came accross the manual partionning (accepted),
> then up to the sceen: "reading informations for installation" no
> problems and suddenly an ununderstable message for me:
>
> "an error occured while unmounting CD-ROM (why does it want to unmount
> the dvd?....) *check if you do not access /mnt/source from shell* on
> tty2, then click OK to retry"
>
> well, well, well
>
> I think tty2 is on Ctrl-Alt F2; gone there and saw a shell prompt:
>
> # df
>
> /mnt/dev
> /mnt/source
>
> tried to umount manually /mnt/source
>
> #umount /mnt/source
>
> answer: /mnt/source: no such a file or directory!!!!!
>
> #ls /mnt
>
> ... source ....
>
> What shall I do?
>
> Thank for replies

Hi, Francois,
	I noticed that the shell prompt shows the '#'.  This typically means it
is a superuser.  You didn't show the directory of the shell, so could it
be in the directory of /mnt, or one of the mount points, thus showing
the partition as busy?  I would guess that the superuser might be
anywhere in the system, as there is no restriction to prevent that.
	Try just cd to move to the superuser's home directory, and check which
drive that resides on.  If it is clear of the unit you are partitioning,
you should be all set.  If not, you may be attempting to repartition the
system disk, and I would think you would need to boot from some other
location to do that.

Regards,
Les H

Regards,