Re: Getting Fox News to work with Firefox

On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 13:57 -0800, Les wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 10:10 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> > >  	Now this one is completely off base.  The video issue was
> > > partially relative in that things might work better if FC came with all
> > > the proprietary codecs installed but if firefox doesn't work with
> > > citicards.com then it is 100% a problem with the site and nothing at all
> > > to do with firefox, fedora, linux or anything at all related to them.
> > This belated comment id not completely true. Of course part of the
> > problem is with the web site. But since firefox loads the web site in
> > Windows part of the problem is with firefox on Linux.
> Hi, Aaron,
> 	This is one view.  However, Windows plays fast and loose with
> standards.  This means that software that is not written to the
> standards will not load on browsers that adhere to the standards.  One
> effect is that writing and testing software for Windows means that you
> have to go to Redmond and verify your software across many platforms.
> Another effect is that the Virtual Machine for Java that Microsoft used
> originally loosend Java Security, and left holes for intrusive software,
> as well as incompatibilities with existing standards driven by Sun.

As the old joke goes, "How many Microsoft engineers does it take to
change a lightbulb?  None, they redefine darkness to be the standard."

- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -
-     I was married by a judge.  I should have asked for a jury.     -
-                                                   -- Groucho Marx  -