Re: Kmail offline

Gene Heskett wrote:
> The only reason its not common is that heyu, due to the original authors
> license,

I am sorry, I don't think you understood me correctly. I was implying that any
x10 controller software is not a common computer usage. And this one is also not
open. Turning Christmas lights on and off from your computer is no an example of
common usage.

> Ok, then tell me how to gain access to the ieee1394 facilities kino needs
> as a normal user?  With selinux running in enforcing mode, no way Jose.
> It cannot talk to the camera.

I don't have the interface for that since I don't do much video editing. But I
would guess that audit2allow would give you an exact set of rules to add to your
local policy. Or setroubleshoot for that matter.

> I have.  REAL information seems to be sealed up in the brains of the authors,
> never to be made public for 'security reasons'.

Where did you get that "security reasons" crap? I am not one of the authors and
I have no trouble running systems with selinux. All the information including
the source is there to be read and learned from.