Re: Getting people to say nice things about Microsoft (Linspire repo) <OT>

On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 18:11 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> There is such a thing as too much of a "good" thing.  Just ask the
> contestant of the recent Wii promotion by a radio station.
>
> A line or two of OT stuff on a technical list is fine.  Even an occasional
> paragraph is OK.  But recently I've found myself having to wade through too
> much crud only to find out that someone really had nothing to say.   I have
> better ways to waste my time.
>
> If folks want to continue to do this, especially in a high volume list, they
> could at least have the courtesy to start marking their paragraphs <OT>, </OT>.

You are totally right on that point. I agree and apologize for that.
Note, I marked this as such. If this had been your point to start with,
it would not have escalated. Compromise is about that, all the time,
when it's critique and not criticism. You point is well taken. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net