Re: Too much hard drives failing

Pablo Povarchik wrote:
> The fact is that this failures are coming up right after we decided to
> move to reiserfs.

Not related to reiserfs or linux, back in early 1990s, I used to work a lot with Netware servers. And it was widely known, that Netware is much harder
on hard drivers then more or less any other OS. This was true to teh point, that I built my computers using failed hard drives from Netware servers.
The hard drives were designated as broken since they failed consistently in a Netware box, but would serve without a hitch for over a year (by that
time I would usually upgrade) in a windows or BSD box. So, my point is, yestheoretically it is possible.