Too much hard drives failing

Hello there

Im starting here because i really don't know which would the best place
to look for help. If this is not the correct list, please advise. And if
you can recommend any ML right for this, please let me know.

Words said, let's go to the point:

We have recently added 20 servers to our little farm, 7 of which were
having hard failuers on disks (SATA, Seagate, good brand new SuperMicro
boxes)

The fact is that this failures are coming up right after we decided to
move to reiserfs.

Can 7 out of 20 hard drives be defective (yes, of course, but what is
the % probability for this)?
Can this anyhow be related with reiserfs?

Sata2
Seagate
SuperMicro
Fedora core 5

Any help will be more than appreciated

Thanks a lot

--
Pablo Povarchik - Level Next Ltd
CEO

Managed hosting services, the core of our work

+--------- Web Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation (AS41578) ----------+