Re: Kmail offline

On 25/01/07, Craig White <craigwhite@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 16:15 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 25/01/07, Anne Wilson <cannewilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I'm inclined to suspect that "Work Offline" may be intended for use with
> > dimap - essentially imap with a local copy of your messages.
> >
> > Anne
> >

> Hmm, then obviously the string was written by a woman. We need a woman
> to understand it!
>
> Dotan
> (married and suffering from cronic mis-communication with the wife)
----
one only needs to monitor this list for a short time to realize that
mis-communication does not necessarily require someone of female gender.

No, but when a woman understands what the men do not, then there is
one of two possibilities:
1) The original sentance was written by another woman.
2) Well, I lied, there really is only one possibility.

I'm just being sexist and venting frustration. I love my wife and
women in general. The fact that they are different makes them
attractive and interesting. But that's a topic for a different mailing
list :)

while I agree with Anne that is probably what is occurring (deferred
imap) when you choose 'Work Offline' - deferred IMAP is similar to POP3
and it wouldn't seem to be much of a stretch to have the menu selection
of 'Work Offline' to suspend all scheduled checking - whether IMAP or
POP3.

I'll file a KDE bug. Either the behaviour or the name should be changed.

Thanks. Hope that I offended noone of either sex.

Dotan Cohen

http://technology-sleuth.com/question/what_is_a_firewall.html
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/314/ll_cool_j.html