How can one install Fedora without a DVD or CDROM available from iso images? (grub entry?)

Kenneth Wolcott wrote:
Hi;

How to install FC6 without cdrom? my cdrom is no longer working...floppy works, bios too old to boot from usb flash; computer does have usb though;

I've been trying to setup a ftp or http install but I haven't got that working yet either...

Thanks,
Ken Wolcott

Not too long ago someone posted a response to a way you could mount the dvd image and extract the installation kernel as a choice within grub. You put the vmlinuz and initrd.img from the install media and add an entry in grub to boot the installation.

I cannot find the posting from the archive but it should be there somewhere.

Maybe we need "super beagle" as a search engine for the fedora user list archives. :-)

I'll change the subject to get attention from the person that had the solution.

Jim

--
You have a tendency to feel you are superior to most computers.