Re: iscsi initiator and mounting lvm on startup

On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 15:22 +0100, Ambrogio wrote:
> Il giorno lun, 22/01/2007 alle 15.16 +0100, Sander Hoentjen ha scritto:
> > # service netfs start
> > No devices found
> > Setting up Logical Volume Management:   72 logical volume(s) in volume group "VolGroup00" now active
> >                                                            [  OK  ]
> > Checking network-attached filesystems
> >                                                            [  OK  ]
> > Mounting other filesystems:                                [  OK  ]
> >
> > now /home/name does have the files i want (now it is mounted, mtab tells me the same)
> >
> What appens in the boot process?
> Do you have errors when init try to execute the netfs step?
>
> Post also the output of ls /etc/rc.d/rc3.d

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer!
The machine is remote so I cannot see it when booting. Is there any way
to see the errors after startup?

# ls /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/
K02avahi-dnsconfd            K69rpcsvcgssd      K89netplugd         S05kudzu        S13iscsi       S25bluetooth  S55cups      S95anacron
K02dhcdbd                    K73ypbind          K89pand             S06cpuspeed     S13mcstrans    S25netfs      S55sshd      S95atd
K02NetworkManager            K74nscd            K89rdisc            S08ip6tables    S13portmap     S25pcscd      S58ntpd      S97yum-updatesd
K02NetworkManagerDispatcher  K80kdump           K91capi             S09isdn         S14nfslock     S26apmd       S60vsftpd    S98avahi-daemon
K05saslauthd                 K85mdmpd           K92iptables         S10network      S15mdmonitor   S26hidd       S80sendmail  S98haldaemon
K10psacct                    K87multipathd      K99microcode_ctl    S10restorecond  S18rpcidmapd   S28autofs     S85gpm       S99firstboot
K20nfs                       K88wpa_supplicant  K99readahead_later  S12syslog       S19rpcgssd     S44acpid      S85httpd     S99local
K24irda                      K89dund            S04readahead_early  S13irqbalance   S22messagebus  S55apf        S90crond     S99smartd

So If I understand correctly network goes up, then iscsi and then netfs.. That should be the right order I think. I hope you have some more suggestions.

Sander