Re: nvidia drivers worth installing?

It is almost immediate. Also, it gets worse when i have both Firefox and
Thunderbird running. Here is my xorg.conf file.

Thanks

Srikanth

# nvidia-xconfig: X configuration file generated by nvidia-xconfig
# nvidia-xconfig:  version 1.0  (buildmeister@builder3)  Thu Sep 14
15:50:24 PDT 2006
# Xorg configuration created by system-config-display

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "single head configuration"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"

# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, a font server independent of the X server is
# used to render fonts.
	ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
	ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
	ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
	ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules"
	FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
	Load  "fbdevhw"
	Load  "record"
	Load  "freetype"
	Load  "type1"
	Load  "glx"
	Load  "dbe"
	Load  "extmod"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg, with xset(1))
#	Option	"Xleds"		"1 2 3"
# To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment XkbDisable.
#	Option	"XkbDisable"
# To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard, modify the
# lines below (which are the defaults).  For example, for a non-U.S.
# keyboard, you will probably want to use:
#	Option	"XkbModel"	"pc102"
# If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:
#	Option	"XkbModel"	"microsoft"
#
# Then to change the language, change the Layout setting.
# For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
#	Option	"XkbLayout"	"de"
# or:
#	Option	"XkbLayout"	"de"
#	Option	"XkbVariant"	"nodeadkeys"
#
# If you'd like to switch the positions of your capslock and
# control keys, use:
#	Option	"XkbOptions"	"ctrl:swapcaps"
# Or if you just want both to be control, use:
#	Option	"XkbOptions"	"ctrl:nocaps"
#
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "kbd"
	Option	    "XkbModel" "pc105"
	Option	    "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
	Option	    "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"

 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
    #HorizSync       29.0 - 55.0
    #VertRefresh     59.0 - 60.0
	#ModeLine     "1440x900@60" 99.9 1440 1472 1800 1832 900 901 907 909
	Identifier   "Monitor0"
	VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
	ModelName    "LCD Panel 1440x900"
	ModeLine     "1400x900_60.00" 104.2 1400 1480 1632 1864 900 901 904 932
- -hsync +vsync
	Option	    "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Videocard0"
	Driver      "nvidia"
	VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
	BoardName   "nVidia Corporation C51 PCI Express Bridge"
	Option	    "HWCursor" "on"
	#Option	    "AllowGLXWithComposite" "True"
	Option	    "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier "Screen0"
	Device     "Videocard0"
	Monitor    "Monitor0"
	DefaultDepth     24
	Option	    "HWCursor" "on"
	Option	    "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
	Option	    "DisableGLXRootClipping" "True"
	SubSection "Display"
		Viewport   0 0
		Depth     16
		Modes    "800x600" "640x480"