Re: vmware

roland wrote:
I thank you all for your help
I asked the question on the site of centos and got this:
--
Anyway, vmware-server should always be the base and other machines running as guests inside ... If you need two terminal servers ( a linux based one with ltsp and the other one with M$ TSE) you need to know that such machines are cpu (and memory even) intensives. so don't forget to at least put a lot of memory inside the machine, or divide the load on 2 or more physical machines ... Otherwise, vmware-server installs very quick on CentOS, you don't even have to compile the network modules, since vmware support rhel and so centos ....
--

That is correct. In addition to needing plenty of RAM, you should also note that any time you get a new kernel in an update (that will happen even with Centos), you have to re-run the vmware-configure.pl script before the server will start. On the plus side, once the guest images are created, they are very portable. You can move them to
machines with very different hardware or host OS's (even Windows or now an

--
 Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx