Re: Kopete & video

On Saturday 20 January 2007 07:35, Gilboa Davara wrote:

> BTW,
>
> If you are havign problems with udev and you don't have the time to
> fix/create the appropriate udev usb-cam rules, just create a static
> device node [1] in /etc/dev and point the application to the static
> device nodes instead of the udev generated ones.
>
> - Gilboa
> [1] man 1 mknod

Thanks, Gilboa, but I don't think that would work.  The problem is that the
capture card is a pci one.  All the documentation I can find tells a lot
about making udev links for usb devices - and that part of my rules works
well - but little is said about pci devices.  The card gets mapped to video0
or video1, and the symlink I'm trying to make needs to recognise the card by
its details then map to whichever video* it connects to, so it must be
dynamic.

I wish I could find some documentation the dealt more with pci and udev.

Anne