Re: vmware

roland wrote:
Hello,
I need some advice.
I have a client, car spare parts, who has a lot of Microsoft-programs to install, pricelists and tech-info.
So I was thinking:
1.install Fedora as terminal server for internet,mail and office.
2.install vmware above
3.install Microsoft terminal server, as a virtual server of vmware, for the typical MsWin applications

Is this a good idea, or is there a better way?

If you are looking for stability in the host OS, fedora probably isn't the best choice. First you'll have to track down a patch to even make vmware work, then you'll
have to reinstall the whole system when the fast fedora version cycle stops
providing updates.   I'd recommend RHEL or Centos, although they should be
getting close to time for a new release too.

--
 Les Mikesell
  lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx