Re: Kernel with kernel-debug option

Mark Knoop:
>> Just install the kernel package - this will be the default update.

Fernando Apesteguía:
> Using default updates results in the kernel-debug default. Now I get a
> PCI warning message at boot time and a message at the bottom of the
> screen "Kernel alive" that I didn't see before.

I haven't got around to doing an update on FC6, yet.  But even if you
install more than one kernel, which one you boot up with is your choice.

I'd recommend altering the default options for one of the YUM plugins,
so that you get to keep a few more kernels installed.  That gives you
more choices to deal with kernel problems.

I read messages from the public lists.