Re: cant mount second drive

jack wallen wrote:

> if i run e2fsck on /dev/hdb2 this is my output:
> [root@localhost ~]# e2fsck /dev/hdb2
> e2fsck 1.39 (29-May-2006)
> Couldn't find ext2 superblock, trying backup blocks...
> e2fsck: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/hdb2
>
> The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2
> filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
> filesystem (and not swap or ufs or something else), then the superblock
> is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternate
> superblock:
>     e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

Please run "parted" and print the partition table as root.  For example...

[root@misty process]# parted /dev/hdc
GNU Parted 1.6.19
Copyright (C) 1998 - 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT
ANYWARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU General Public License for more details.

Using /dev/hdc
(parted) print
Disk geometry for /dev/hdc: 0.000-76345.500 megabytes
Disk label type: msdos
Minor    Start       End     Type      Filesystem  Flags
1          0.031    251.015  primary   ext3        boot
2        251.016  76340.126  primary   ext3

In your case, it will be /dev/hdb...of course.

--
The Marines:
	The few, the proud, the dead on the beach.