Re: cant mount second drive

> It might be instructive to read up on e2fsck, and run it against that
> partition to see what sort of errors might fall out if any.  IIRC you can
> have it do a read-only scan, and I would for the first pass since I don't
> like to give a utility such as e2fsck a blanket pass to 'adjust' things
> until I know what it might find.

if i run e2fsck on /dev/hdb2 this is my output:
[root@localhost ~]# e2fsck /dev/hdb2
e2fsck 1.39 (29-May-2006)
Couldn't find ext2 superblock, trying backup blocks...
e2fsck: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/hdb2

filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternate
superblock:
    e2fsck -b 8193 <device>