Re: How NSA access was built into Windows

Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 07:58:19 -0600,
  Marc Schwartz <marc_schwartz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > If that was reality, then all bets are off, because quantum computers
> would be reasonably expected to render all current and generally
> available cryptosystems useless.

I don't believe that is true. I do believe that RSA public key systems
are toast under that assumption though.
I work under the assumption that any security measure that the NSA doesn't complain about they are able to "break." Note that break here doesn't mean some form of brute force attack. Just that they are able to collect the information they are interested in if they really want to.

New conspiracy: the people complaining about SELinux are actually working for some botnet mafia. They're astro-turfing a FUD campaign to keep people from using SELinux since it makes creating a botnet too difficult.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce