Re: How NSA access was built into Windows

On Thursday 18 January 2007 12:57, Stephen Smalley wrote:
>On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 12:44 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> >
>> >When you get that kernel up and running, see if you can then do
>> > without libselinux installed.
>
>Not a good idea without rebuilding your userland without selinux
>support.  Even /sbin/init links against it (to load policy) and will die
>without it.
>
>> I'm not sure as I haven't tried to pull that yet.  But without the
>> stuff in the kernel, the logs are being filled by cron processes
>> stuff, but the stuff, like amanda, seem to run normally.
>>
>> Lots of this sort of stuff:
>>
>>  **Unmatched Entries**
>>     crond[1014]: pam_loginuid(crond:session): set_loginuid failed
>> opening loginuid: 1 Time(s)
>
>That isn't selinux - that is audit-related.  Depends on
>CONFIG_AUDITSYSCALL.

If you are referring to the kernel .config, that name doesn't exist in
mine, and 'CONFIG_AUDIT is not set' and wasn't.  But I just found a few
more things turned on that are for hardware I don't have, or stuff I
don't use, so it's rebuilding again.  Somehow or druther, even the board
achitecture got changed, from PC to generic oddball, way down the list.
Maybe I'll find some speed out of this thing yet. :-)

>--
>Stephen Smalley
>National Security Agency

I also sent you a private message.