Udev problem

I use a video capture card for my analogue camcorder, and a webcam.  Udev's
habit of randomly setting video0 and video1 are a problem, so after a good
bit of reading I set out to create persistent symlinks.  The idea is that the
device is recognised and the link is made to whichever video* is appropriate.
The links are created, but there are problems.

First, /dev/DC10plus does not get removed at shutdown.  I'm not sure
about /dev/webcam, I haven't seen any error messages (though I haven't
thoroughly examined the logs).  Looking at the permissions on the links,they
are owned root:root.

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 14 Jan 18 16:39 /dev/DC10plus -> mapper/control
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 6 Jan 18 16:39 /dev/webcam -> video0

If I chown to anne:root they are properly deleted on shutdown.

Attempting to use /dev/DC10plus gives me these errors:

**ERROR: [lavrec] Error opening video-device (/dev/DC10plus): Permission
denied
**ERROR: [lavrec] Something went wrong while setting up the card

After chown:

**ERROR: [lavrec] Error setting channel: Permission denied
**ERROR: [lavrec] Something went wrong while setting up the card

It all seems to revolve around permissions.  Also, it looks as though anne may
need to own the link in order to use it.  If so, I have to find some way of
that being automatically set.

Any thoughts?

Anne