Re: [Way Way OT] Re: How NSA access was built into Windows

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 23:31:07 -0500,
  Claude Jones <claude_jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As mentioned in another post, I'm not as concerned as when this discussion
> began about the back door. It doesn't mean any of the other issues you raise
> aren't important. And, I would add one - who exactly is running the Selinux
> project and who writes all those rules that get so rapidly updated - one came
> in tonight.  It's still an amazing anomaly that the NSA and the leading
> corporate promoter of the Open Source Linux OS would be working together.
> I've heard it passed off as NSA's self interest, so they can protect their
> own networks - somehow, that explanation rings short, very short.

They are trying to help protect infrastructure in the US, not just (or
even primarily) their own infrastructure. That is part of what they do.
They don't what US companies spied on by other countries. They don't want
US networks taken out by other countries or criminals.
Yes, they also spy on people, but SELinux isn't going to cause them too much
trouble on that front.