Re: fc6 dvd read performance degrades with mkisofs joliet option

Skunk Worx wrote:
Mogens Kjaer wrote:
Skunk Worx wrote:
Hi,

I use FC6 to master DVDs and have noticed if I add the -J option to the mkisofs command the read performance on the final dvd is severely degraded.

I tested four blades at work yesterday (all same vendor/model) and they all drop to 30%, sometimes 20%, read performance with Joliet enabled.

Will start digging into the f/w updates for the blade mobos and dvd readers tomorrow. It gets a little weird because we are testing a known buggy 3rd party kernel driver and pci card in them.

---
John

Posting for completion. This was H/W related. Out of 12 servers tested, 3 had problems reading at their rated speed. Sometimes it depended on the media.

One unit (the worst offender) started working properly after the drive was removed and reinstalled (perhaps the cables needed re-seating?)

Anyway, no real problem here.

---
John