Re: [Way Way OT] Re: How NSA access was built into Windows

On Wed January 17 2007 1:05 pm, Les wrote:
>         It behooves us all to be aware, to help control the
> proliferation of intrusive behavior, and to keep our eyes and
> ears open.
>         Politicians are curious folks and bear considerable
> watching (with apologies to any semblance to a famous quote).

Yes, that about sums it up.

And to those who wish to make this partisan, I would add, while I
early on did couch one of my posts of concern with concerns
about "the current administration", and then pointed out that
I'd equally used the term concerns about "government", in the
real political now, here in the United States, this is one issue
that has crossed party lines. There many conservatives involved
in questioning the over-arching intrusion by government into our
lives, and there are alliances springing up between them and
traditional liberals all over the place on specific aspects of
this problem...

And finally, going back to where this all began - I posted an
excerpt of an article about the NSA and the Windows OS, and then
I posed a very simple question, a query, a request for
information - "What about Selinux?"
Within hours, I was charged with being a "wingnut", "conspiracy
theorist", "fanatic", and an Elvis spotter - if any of you perps
who engaged in this crap believe you have dissuaded me from
asking questions in the future, I can assure you that if
anything, you've only egged me on - thank you... ;-)
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, Md, USA