Re: How NSA access was built into Windows

Temlakos <temlakos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Won't we look stupid if we start jumping at the shadows of insubstantial rumors!

Temlakos
That usually isn't an issue for the conspiracy theory types. Just to be on the safe side, I'll also ask Elvis to verify it the next time he drops by in his black helicopter. We usually have plenty of time to talk on his flights from Area 51 to the grassy knoll (he likes to walk around a bit and the old, fake moon landing set back at Area 51 is a bit desolate).

Hint: the more people involved in a secret conspiracy, the less likely it is that the conspiracy will remain a secret. Convoluted or obfuscated code tends to *attract* attention in open source because it's undesirable. The main reason open source is stable and high quality is that lots of people all look at and understand the code. Sometimes they do that to find and fix bugs; other time just for their own edification.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce