Re: Cups broken and my stomach is upset - Anger Management in Action Danger! Danger! Will Robinson!

On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 09:34 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 16:20 +1030, Tim wrote:
> > Tim:
> >
> > linuxmaillists@xxxxxxxxxxx:
> > > I have a HP LaserJet 5L that is about 15 years old and it
> > > works very well with Linux.  It even does a good job with
> > > print jobs sent to it through my Linux box from a winblows
> > > box that my wife uses over a wireless connection.
> >
> > Oh, my 4L works fine, too.  Just that it can't (or won't) do Postscript,
> > unlike what something that suggested it could.  I've even managed to
> > share it to Windows 2000 (using HTTP rather than Samba), but Windows was
> > painful about that at times.
> >

> As was explained it is not necessary for the printer to have internal
> postscript printing capability as long aas the drivers exist. HPLIPS
> provides drivers for most HP printers which work well under Linux.
That's why I got so blooming hot, I have an HP PSC-1510 All-in-one that
worked right out of the box. It prints, it scans and it copies like a
charm until two nights ago, when I needed it to work the most. I'm
looking in the files and I'm seeing HAL, which I never noticed before
and my selections where gone, where I set the printer up for 3 different
print modes. I don't recall ever having a problem with gimp or anything
else. It was printing just fine in text mode, until I printed a
graphical page and then it started spewing paper, in front of a fervent
Windows user no less. Bad night. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net