Re: beagled-helper is sucking all of the resources!

On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 15:01 +0000, Amadeus W. M. wrote:
> I don't have confidential information of national interest on my pc,
> so why take up resources with things I don't need?

It's not *just* about making it difficult for the unauthorised to see
something on your computer, it's also about making it difficult for the
unauthorised to write to your computer (which might be hacking, or just
plain and simple incompetent computer program authors).

It may help protect you against any unknown flaws in clients (web
browsers, e-mail, news, instant-messengers, etc.), even if you don't run
servers open to the public.

Even if you don't have stuff of national importance, you might consider
that your passwords are to be kept confidential.  It's just another bit
of armor against the large number of miscreants out there.