Re: When network manager dies I can restart it, watch it spin, then reboot.

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, Robert Cahn wrote:

I run FC6 on a laptop.  About 1 time in 10 when I start up the network
manager dies while connecting to the wireless network.  When I restart it it
sees the wireless network just fine but the little dots never "green up" and
it never connects.  Right now my work around is to reboot or drag myself
over to the access point and use ethernet which is a PITA.  Can anyone
suggest another strategy so that I can keep on working?  I have tried
issuing ifconfig and iwconfig commands without success.

What's your wireless card?

I occasionally see NM fail to connect on resume from suspend to RAM with my ipw2200. One workaround is to right-click the NM icon, disable wireless, enable wireless. If that doesn't work, I stop NM and start it again. If that doesn't work, I stop NM, rmmod ipw2200, modprobe ipw2200, and restart NM.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu