Wireless ipw2200 in FC6

I have FC5 and FC6 installed on my laptop. It has an Intel 2915AB wireless card. I am completely up-to-date on both FC5 and FC6. The wireless works great on FC5. In FC6, however, it has problems. Most of the time it does not see all of the networks. If I restart the ipw2200 driver with a rmmod/modprobe, sometimes that helps and it will find all the SSIDs. When I do get it to connect to the network I want, it is extremely flakey, drops the connection all the time, and has very poor bandwidth. Once again, this is not the case with FC5. FC5 works great. I use Network Manager to manage my wireless connections on both FC5 and FC6.

Are there any known significant differences between FC6 and FC5 in this regard? Any insight as to whether this is due to differences in the kernel, wireless tools, firmware, Network Manager, etc. would be useful.

Thanks,
Lane Brooks