Re: Package updater broke?

John Bowden wrote:
Hi List.
I have been off line for nearly two weeks due to my broad band
connection failing. As soon as I got my connection up I went to the
Software updater to check for any up dates and as expected it gave me a
long list. First I selected all the packages but kept getting error
messages complaining about unresolved dependencies. I then selected each
package one at a time and get the same unresolved dependencies message
for each package (I have tried the first 12 packages so far). I thought
the package updater was supposed to sort out the dependencies
automatically? Any ideas whats wrong?
john

You might try to open a root terminal and run yum clean all. Maybe there are old headers left over since the time you last updated that it is using as reference to packages.

After cleaning up the headers, you might as well try running yum update from the CLI since you are already there. You will probably get more descriptive error outputs from the output of yum if it still fails.

Jim

--
If you don't have time to do it right, where are you going to find the time
to do it over?