Re: How to display CLI output on another machine

Today Nigel Henry did spake thusly:

On Sunday 07 January 2007 21:36, Steve Searle wrote:
Around 08:13pm on Sunday, January 07, 2007 (UK time), Nigel Henry scrawled:
X is running on both machines, which are both next to one another. At the
moment I have text on KDE's Konsole on machine B. I need to be able to
see this text on machine A. I can ssh into machine B from machine A with
no problem. I can then type "konsole", but this just opens an empty
konsole. What I'm looking for is to display what's on machine B's Konsole
on machine A.

Nigel, I think you are saying that you already have a konsole running on
machine B, displaying on machine B's screen.  And that you want to see
the output that is on this konsole on machine A's screen.

If this is correct, I don't think you can do it.  You can run a machine
B's console on machine A's screen using ssh, as others have explained,
but if a konsole is already launched on machine B and displayed on B's
screen, you can't "capture" this console and also display it on machine
A's screen. (as far as I know :-)

Steve

Thanks Steve. Your assumptions are correct. The only way I have found from the
various suggestions on this thread is to use VNC, so as to get machines B's
Konsole showing on machine A, then it's easy apart from the 100% CPU useage
when running VNC.

It's possible for stuff to use 100% of CPU if there's not much else running, as there's nothing else to take CPU cycles away...check your load average instead of CPU useage...also, does the machine seem any slower when running VNC? it should be fine...

--
Scott van Looy - email:me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx | web:www.ethosuk.org.uk
site:www.freakcity.net - the in place for outcasts since 2003

Drakenberg's Discovery:
	If you can't seem to find your glasses,
	it's probably because you don't have them on.