Kopete & video

I understand that the fedora package for kopete can send and receive webcam
pictures, but not a full video_sound connection.  I also understand that the
latest packages from source can manage both.

Has anyone got video working in kopete?  If so, is it the fedora package or
self-compiled?  It's easy enough on the configuration page, but I can't get
any sense out of it in use.  I can receive messages that my friend wants to
send webcam images, and he can see the same from me, but accepting them seems
to make no difference.

I would think, too, that it would be necessary to open some firewall ports.
Anyone able to comment on this?

Anne