Re: How to display CLI output on another machine

On Sun, 2007-01-07 at 22:39 +0100, Nigel Henry wrote:

> I can see what you mean, and that process works ok, but what I'm
> looking for
> is a way to view whats already on machine B's Konsole from machine A.
>
> The example was. I'm working on machine B. With the Konsole I run
> apt-get
> update, then apt-get dist-upgrade. The upgrade runs to completion, and
> I'm
> left with a lot of text on Konsole. I have a query regarding the
> update, but
> my email client is on the other machine. If I close Konsole I lose the
> text,
> unless I save it as a .txt file. What I'm looking to do is keep
> machine B's
> Konsole open, and be able to access it from machine A, and in this way
> can
> paste the text from machine B's Konsole, which is now viewable on
> machine A,
> onto machine A's Kmail composer.
>
> Perhaps I'm asking too much.
>
> Nigel.
As several people have pointed out if you ssh from A to B and then run
you run apt-get the output in the window on B is clearly seen on A.
The only problem is that if the output is more that can fit on the
terminal window from B it is hard to copy the stuff stuck unseen in the
buffer. It can be done but it is tedious. The simplest thing is to have
the output captured in a file and then sftp the file from B to A.
At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer you will
find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the
computer.