Re: Restarting modem/router through software

On Sun, 2007-01-07 at 13:59 -0600, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> One thing you may want to check on is if the public IP address you
> have changes during the night. Your DHCP lease may be expiring, and
> you are getting a "new" IP address.

You really ought to get the same IP address, then.  The scheme is for
your DHCP client (most likely within your modem, unless you use it in a
bridge mode) to "renew" the lease before the expiry period.

If your ISP is changing IPs on you arbitrarily, I'd be looking for
another ISP.  One that isn't so mismanaged.