Re: How to display CLI output on another machine

Nigel Henry wrote:
ssh -Y to B from A then fire up your KDE konsole and do your
work then you will have the information on B on the screen
on A and then paste it into your e-mail on A.

I can see what you mean, and that process works ok, but what I'm looking for is a way to view whats already on machine B's Konsole from machine A.

The example was. I'm working on machine B. With the Konsole I run apt-get update, then apt-get dist-upgrade. The upgrade runs to completion, and I'm left with a lot of text on Konsole. I have a query regarding the update, but my email client is on the other machine. If I close Konsole I lose the text, unless I save it as a .txt file. What I'm looking to do is keep machine B's Konsole open, and be able to access it from machine A, and in this way can paste the text from machine B's Konsole, which is now viewable on machine A, onto machine A's Kmail composer.

Perhaps I'm asking too much.

You don't really need to view the text from machine A, you need to
paste it into a program running on A which is easy to do in another
window on B.   If you already have text you need to keep on two
different X screens there's not much you can do but copy it to a
file this time and have a better plan next time.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx