Re: dual boot, lvm appearing as raw filesystem in XP

Ian Malone wrote:
Using hide in grub to hide the LVM from DOS/Windows might work as the link below illustrates.

http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html#DOS_002fWindows

Hadn't thought of that, works, thank you.

I'll probably add the hide option to the machine for possible problems caused by accidentally popping files onto the raw device while in windows. Thanks for getting back with it working.

I did have to fsck my lvm mount a few times in the past while running FC5 in the past. Who knows if windows is capable or not of wrecking the LVM. It is not wise to let windows see anything that it does not have to.

Better safe than accidental Windows writes to the LVM.

Jim

--
Chicago law prohibits eating in a place that is on fire.