Re: totally off topic email question

Gene Heskett said the following on 01/02/2007 06:04 PM Pacific Time:
Greetings all;

Running on empty here, but I said I'd ask. This same neighbor has bought an acer lappy, widescreen.

She is using an email address at yahoo & has for years. I've spent an hour already this evening trying to get thunderbird-1.5.0.9 to connect and suck the email we can see sitting there if we log in through the web page portal.

We know the username, and she knows her password, and we've refreshed it several times without effect. We have tried 'yahoomail.om' 'mail.yahoo.com' and plain old 'yahoo.com' for the two servers, pop for sucking, and smtp for sending. Thunderbird says its connected regardless of the name, but doesn't suck the messages down when told to, it connects, and slides the green bar across and back for about 40 seconds, but nothing else happens.

So can someone clarify for me, the names of the pop and smtp servers at yahoo. Or how to make t-bird verbose enough to tell us whats wrong?

You don't need either of these with this plug-in for Thunderbird:
http://webmail.mozdev.org/

JOhn