Re: KVM and Xen

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 20:34:14 -0500
"Mike Chalmers" <mikechalmers70@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks, Tom can I use KVM with one computer?

If it has the new instructions on it (I think most Core 2 Duo's do).

> Does it work with Yum?

Not sure what that has to do with anything. If you mean
"can I load it from a fedora repo?", I doubt it at this
point. It is only in the newest most experimental kernels.

> Can I run Windows while I am using Linux?

That's supposed to be one of the points behind most of the
virtualization systems, but I'm not sure how well it is
likely to actually work. As near as I can tell the video
is owned and operated by linux, so the only way to get to the
windows gui would be using one of the remote desktop programs
(which probably means running windows media player or direct-X
games isn't likely to happen).

Too bad, really, what linux really needs is some way to let
windows run the video so we can use windows drivers that
work well :-).