Re: Printable LAMP docs / books?

OK, L.A.M.P. is basically just a popular bunch of separate technologies, so you should really read the docs on each separate one.
L - is for linux, so you are sort of in a right place
A - is for Apache, and their docs are at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/
M - is for MySQL (some people will suggest PostgreSQL) http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/
The main difference between mysql and postgresql is that postgresql tends to support integrity related SQL features (such as transactions and foreign keys) better, where MySQL tends to support enterprisey features such as replication and clustering better (that is to say PostgreSQL doesn't have any support for either) P - stands for one of the programming languages starting with P, in particular PHP, python or perl. Generally people will not even mean pure perl or python, but apache web development modules for these languages mod_perl and mod_python. You can find docs no the respective sites for these languages and modules.

Tony Nelson wrote:
I'm looking for printable L.A.M.P docs or a free (e)book to read while I'm
away over Christmas.  I'm looking for an integrated overview with examples
of setup, administration, and programming, but I'm not looking for a
specific HOWTO.  Suggestions?