Laptop suspend / hibernate wake up problem with disk.
- To: For users of Fedora <[email protected]>
- Subject: Laptop suspend / hibernate wake up problem with disk.
- From: Neil Marjoram <[email protected]>
- Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 08:53:37 +0000
- Reply-to: For users of Fedora <[email protected]>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 (X11/20061107)
I have an IBM X31 laptop which works very well with FC6, but I have
issues with the suspend and hibernate wake up. Which ever method and
combination I use I always seem to fail with the same problem. When
waking the laptop the system seems to start OK and work fine and then
after about 30 seconds (variable) the disk light lights permanently and
the system stops responding. This is happening with Gnome and KDE. I am
sure that the disk is being accessed because I did a test (not
advisable) of pulling the hard disk out, when the disk is out the system
starts to work again (well up until an apps needs to read or write to
disk!). I don't know what the system is doing at this time as I can't
use the keyboard when the disk is busy and I can't gain access via ssh.
Adastral Park Campus
University College London
Ipswich - Suffolk
Tel: 01473 663711
Fax: 01473 635199
Reclaim Your Inbox!
[Index of Archives]
[Current Fedora Users]