Re: Javascript fails

On Friday 15 December 2006 11:28, Scott van Looy wrote:
>Today Gene Heskett did spake thusly:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> I was just at a web site looking for info on receiving ATSC tv on my
>> pcHDTV-3000 card, and wasn't able to visit several of the links
>> because javascript wasn't enabled.  According to FF it is.
>>
>> However, I don't think any java function has worked since installing
>> FC6.
>>
>> Is there a set way to do this, or have TPTB decided that they cannot
>> tolerate the Sun license, so java is history?  That seems rather short
>> sighted to me...
>
>Java is nothing whatsoever to do with Javascript

Ohhkaaay.  This is already installed:
[root@coyote ~]# rpm -q js
js-1.5-6.fc6

Is this not the correct javascript package?  I'd have to assume till
someone tells me different, that when I hover the mouse over a link and
the link bar at the bottom of the FF screen says 'javascript', without
the quotes of course.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)