Re: How to view what hardware has been detected in FC6

this not give an answer to the original post: where is gone the Hardware
Browser in FC6?

TIA

--
Alessandro Brezzi

The OP said he was new to FC6 coming over from another flavour of
Linux. And that he was not comfortable with the command line but is
trying to learn. From that I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that the OP
was looking for a command line way to view the hardware. I was not
aware of hwbrowser (a gui solution to his question).

Only the OP can say if I answered his question or not.  Was he looking
for a gui solution, or a command line solution?  It was not clear in
his posting.  So you can't state that my posting didn't answer his
question based on the fact that it's command line vs gui.  Now perhaps
the gui has more info, and no doubt presents it better.  But that
wasn't the point you made.  At no time did I get the impression that
he was asking where the HW browser went.  It's safe to conclude he
most likely didn't know it existed (in FC6 at any rate being new to
it) otherwise he would have asked, "where did the hwbrowser go?".

So back to you John (OP), did either or both of these options answer
your question?  If so, we can move on. If not, you may have to give us
more details on what exactly you want so that someone can provide more
suggestions.

Jacques B.