Re: cpu overheating

On 12/13/06, Mike Chalmers <mikechalmers70@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, the problem was caused by hardware. I cleaned out my computer,
and it was pretty bad. Besides the cooling the hardware is good. I am
waiting on some new hardware also, cpu fan and power supply, case fans
and a new case. That should fix this problem.

The question is why doesn't it do this on Windows when I run cpu
intensive apps. I believe in Windows that it was close to overheating
though.

This is working on the assumption that Windows is capable of telling
that such a thing is occuring without the use of third party software,
I'm also guessing you're not doing anything CPU intensive on Windows.

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud