Re: cpu overheating

As I said earlier, I am in the process of getting a Zalman
CNPS9500-LED Aero Flower Cooler Copper. I am going to take apart my
computer and dust it thoroughly, which it needs. I am also getting a
new power supply. So I will see if that works. Can't use Linux until
then though.

That's the one I was talking about.

I couldn't remember the model of it but you just jogged my memory.

Seriously, if that doesn't fix it for you then I don't know what will. Excellent choice.

Make sure to use the (included) thermal grease. A customer of mine who also bought one "forgot", and returned the unit to me claiming it was faulty. After fitting it for him (and charging appropriately) he called up later and said he was over the moon with it.

Oh, and make sure you point it the right way. It will in fact fit with the air flow in either direction, but make sure it jets out the back of the PC. Another common mistake.

Regards,
Ed.